Saturday, February 16, 2008

Game Night

Last night I took a well-deserved break (after a week of marking marathons, paper writing, tutorial creating, assignment scrambling, and cupcake baking) and went to our Graduate Students Computing Science Association Game Night. Although it was pretty fun and I learned how to play poker properly for the first time (I even won a round!), I have to say that the game selection was a little lacking. The available games were Poker, Taboo, Scrabble, and Clue. Scrabble is a little too slow, and no one wanted to play Taboo. I haven't played Clue since I was about eight years old!

This has given me some ideas. I'd like to see a rousing game of Settlers of Catan, for instance! Maybe some unusual card games, like Fluxx or even Munchkins (we are computing scientists afterall, surely there are a significant many of us who if not having played D&D, can at least make fun of it)...

At any rate, perhaps this is a small and easy-to-organize event for WICS. Which would be cool, because for most of the event last night, there were only two of us girls there. :(

No comments: