Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Ada Lovelace Update

Today I had the amazing experience of participating in an online experiment of sorts. It all started several months back when Suw Charman-Anderson created a pledge. It said, 'I, Suw Charman-Anderson, will publish a blog post on Tuesday 24th March about a woman in technology whom I admire but only if 1,000 other people will do the same.' I got to be one of those 1000+ other people, and it was great! I've had visitors read my post from around the world: India, Italy, Finland, Sweden, the UK, the USA, and many cities in Canada. Many people tweeted our participation and at one point in the day, we were in the top-2 trends on Twitter.

Here I'm going to list some of the inspiring posts I had the pleasure of reading today: Others wrote too: And *blush* two of the most touching for me:Being a member of the Systers mail list, following the Anita Borg Institute, and participating in WICS has really enriched my experience in technology, and today really brought that home to me!

No comments: