Friday, November 11, 2011

GHC11 Day 2 Recap

Yesterday was another whirlwind day at GHC11.  Since I was busy with activities from ~8am until 10pm, I didn't get a chance to post a summary of what happened!  Here's an outline of the events I attended:
  • Sheryl Sandberg's GHC11 Keynote: This was really wonderful to hear.  I highly recommend watching it here, and you can read my thoughts on it here.
  • Mobile sessions: I attended two sessions related to mobile browsing, which were pretty cool.  Read my summary here.
  • Microsoft Booth: I dropped by and helped out by talking to attendees interested in working for Microsoft!  It was lots of fun.  The yahoo ladies traded me a purple nail polish for our chocolate and promised me a 'code like a girl' t-shirt later on - I'm holding you to that ladies!  I also used this opportunity to participate in Picture Me In Computing Day, see my post here.
  • Poster session: Saw many interesting posters on mobile technology (how to use Android/Google Maps and haptic feedback to create directions for blind people, bioinformatics/data mining techniques, how to make your workplace happier)
  • Arduino Programming/E-textiles session: I thought I'd just get to learn about how to program the microcontrollers and more about the different applications of embedded electronics/e-textiles, but I actually got to make my own project!  That was pretty cool.  Here's a video:

What did you enjoy most about GHC11 so far this year?

No comments: