Sunday, December 30, 2012

Books of 2012

This is the first year I've kept a close track of my non-work-related reading for the entire year.  I've been using www.goodreads.com; I like the way you can combine your social networks (i.e. your facebook connections) with your book lists and the easy way you can track books you are currently reading, have read, and want to read.

I haven't finished everything I wanted to get to this year (but realistically this would be impossible, there are 300 books on my long list and lately I've been starting books that aren't on either that or my shortlist!).  Here's a quick list of what I did read:
I covered a good range of short stories, science fiction, fantasy, and straight up fiction, as well as nonfiction, YA, and graphic novel.  I enjoyed just about everything, but to be honest Reamde was a bit of a disappointment.  I'm eagerly awaiting the next installment of Margaret Atwood's Positron series!

No comments: