Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Is Winter Actually Over?

Ok, so I've been saving this blog post. Why? A while ago I posted about snow in April, which is pretty unusual for Vancouver. Well, any kind of sticking snow is strange in Vancouver, but we'll put that aside for now.

Last Friday it snowed, and I took a picture, all ready to complain but at the same time gleefully declare that the last snow of the year had finally occurred. But I was wrong, because it also snowed this week. So I've decided that we may get snow in July. By the time summer is here, it will be time for winter again!

So here's what it looked like on Saturday morning:


Despite many people telling me that the Sun Run was going to be the Snow Run on Sunday, I did end up running it. If I was any faster than last year, it probably wasn't by much, but it was fun anyway! There was quite a good turnout despite the chilly weather:



Even though I don't think my time improved much, I felt a lot better this year than I did last year. I guess all that hill training up and down SFU helped after all!

This week has been quite busy so far; I have been working at my internship, which means getting up at uncivilized hours, and getting home quite late. Sometimes I love living up here, but I wish it didn't take quite so long to get downtown!

It's back to the lab tomorrow; looking forward to seeing what this week has in store for me (I think). :)

In other news: what is up with Battlestar Galactica?! After watching last week's episode, I have to wonder, why does R. D. Moore have it in for the Chief? He's really one of my most favorite characters. Poor guy. And on that note, I happened to go by HMV on my way home and had to pick up Season 3. Now I *own* them all except for Razor. :D

No comments: