Thursday, May 6, 2010

Muddled

I'm having a multilingual day today. It started with making a phone call in french, in which I think I was actually understood and could mostly understand the other speaker. Very surprising, since I don't think I've ever done that outside of a class before! Later in the evening it was time for my chinese class, which I'm taking once a week for fun. After that I met some friends who are learning japanese, and practiced a little with them. I am feeling lucky to have avoided speaking greek today, or I'd have a headache for sure!

I only started learning Chinese a few weeks ago but am very impatient to learn more. Tonight I was able to say a few sentences to my good friend Crystal's mother, who I met last year but couldn't communicate with at all. I am glad to finally be able to say things like, hello (ni hao), how are you (nin shenti hao ma?) and you are my good friend (ni shi hao pengyou). :D

No comments: