Saturday, December 24, 2011

Καλα Xριστουγεννα - Merry Christmas.

This year has gone by super fast, I can't believe it's almost over.  To help ring in the New Year, I thought I'd close it out by giving an update on some of the highlights.

Travel
This year was a whirlwind of trips, both for professional and personal reasons.  I racked up quite a few airmiles traveling to:
  • Okinawa (Dec 29 2010 - Jan 4 2011)
  • Kamloops (June 17-19 2011)
  • Hong Kong & Singapore (July 10-24 2011)
  • Iceland (Sept 11-19 2011)
  • Good old Vancouver :-) (Canadian Thanksgiving 2011)
  • Portland Oregon (Nov 8 - 12 2011)
  • Road trip to San Francisco (US Thanksgiving Week, 2011)
  • San Diego (Dec 15-20 2011)
Phew!  Can't believe I got all that into one year, but I had some amazing experiences.  Can't wait to see where next year takes me!

Professional Life
This year I learned so much and have had the chance to work with some amazing people.  Here's a few of the most memorable parts of the year:
Books
I got a lot of reading done this year!  Some of my favorite books were:
I'm still immensely happy with my Kindle but have not made the leap into the tablet realm yet.  We'll see where 2012 takes me on that front.

Blog
In November I attempted to participate in NaBloWriMo, and almost succeeded in writing a post every single day of that month (I missed one or two).  I've been able to keep it up in December, although I've been writing more like every other day and with vacations and holidays I've been slacking off a bit.  Here are the top 5 posts on my blog this year:
And here's what my pageviews look like month over month:


Well, onwards and upwards!

No comments: